The Tablet Show
Carl Franklin and Richard Campbell bring you the best minds in software development for tablets, phones, and mobile devices; covering WinRT/Metro, iOS, Android, and HTML/JS/CSS development 

Show #77
Monday, March 25, 2013



RSS Feed RSS Feed
Carl and Richard talk to Ben Gracewood about his experiences working at MarkerMetro, building Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 applications *only* - no iOS or Android! Ben talks about getting seriously into the 'metro' design principles and how after some initial consternation, his customers come to love the UX experience in Windows 8 and Phone 8. Besides those designs, iOS and Android 'look like Window 3.11.' The conversation digs into the preferred toolstack for building apps and where the ugly bits lie. Awesome conversation if you're just getting up to speed in the metro world!
Brought to you by
Ben Gracewood
Ben Gracewood
Ben is a recovering manager, now developer and Practice Lead at Marker Metro, the world's first, best, and only 100% dedicated Windows Apps agency. Based in Auckland, New Zealand, Ben spends 80% of his time coding for Windows 8 and Windows Phone, and the other 20% herding cats and shaving yaks.


blog comments powered by Disqus
 
Copyright © Pwop Productions Inc. All rights reserved. Designed by Nukeation